More Than Just A Gym
When I think about St.Marks , the first place that usually comes to mind is the gym. The gym is the first place I saw when I first visited St.Marks in the 9th grade. My perception of the gym has changed completely since first seeing it. Now when I think of St.Mark’s I still think about the gym but i think about the history behind it and all the memories I have made the gym already as a junior. The athletics that take place in the gym are a big aspect that connects all St Markers because no matter how different the experience may be, the gym is a nice constant where most everyone can say they spent playing a sport. I think the gym is special to a lot of people because St Mark’s has a strong history of athletics that have taken place inside of the gym. St Mark’s has been home to many accomplished athletes and many successful teams that have all practiced and played in the gym just as teams do today. I think if you ask different people about their experiences in the gym they will all tell you different but very interesting things. I think for people like Mr.Lubic, who coached basketball there for many years, the gym would represent a place where he along with his players put in lots of hard work and shared some good memories winning games.
On the other hand, I think if you asked someone like Ms. Sisco her idea of the gym it would be very different because she doesn't have quite the history coaching that coach Lubic has at St Mark’s yet. However, I bet she would still say she feels the same sense of hard work when she is coaching her basketball team in the gym. There are so many stories that can be told about the gym from different perspectives it a truly a unique place. It really is special to me because everyday I could count on going to the gym to just make me feel better, whether I’m looking to relieve stress or just get a good workout in, the gym always was that place for me.

by Jordan Scurry